Monday, January 28, 2008

The Dream




Sometimes dreams can mean crazy things. (Don't worry this won't be Psychology 101 here). You see, dreams can change minds. In this case, that is extremely the case. After Conference Championship Sunday, I was set on the Patriots going 19-0 and winning Superbowl XLII by a score of 38-23. But, 3 nights ago, I had a dream. In this dream I was half watching the Superbowl because I was so set that the Patriots were going to win, that I didn't really care too much about the actual game. (In reality I would still watch the whole game). I remember paying so little attention, that I did not even see the ending. Maybe I should have payed closer attention. A few minutes after the clocks hit 0:00, I sat down and focused in on the Patriots collecting their 4th Lombardi Trophy in 7 years. (Note: The Steelers of the 70's won 4 in 6 years). But, to my surprise, I did not see Tom 'The Ankle' Brady holding the trophy. Instead I saw a somewhat familiar face. This mans last name has seen the promise land before, but never has he actually. This man I am refering to is of course Eli Manning. I saw Eli holding the Lombardi sky-high, while confetti rained down on the celebrating Giants.
Now, I am about 99.9% sure that the Patriots will win this game, but that 0.1% erks me big time. For some reason, I chose the underdogs. Eli somehow goes Brady-like or... brother-like(?) on the Pat's veteran (see: old) defense. Also, that big offensive line doesn't protect Mr. Brady as well as usual, maybe because he was too busy buying Giselle flowers in New York instead of taking them out for steak. (I would like to add that this whole "injured ankle" thing for Brady is a complete and total mind-game in my opinion.) Brady will get hit, and hit hard. He did not look like himself against the Chargers and I think that carries over to this 'Bowl. Tom is infamously known for taking naps before the Superbowl. Well sleep up Tommy Boy, because you're not going to be able to after you see your undefeated season and ring being kicked through an upright with 0:00 left on that precious clock by Mr. Lawrence Tynes, who does it again for the... Geeeeeeee-Men!

Prediction: Giants 27, Patriots 24
MVP: Eli Manning


I would like to finish with this... With all the money that Brady has, why wouldn't he bring Giselle up to Boston. The man went into New York 2 weeks before he played the NEW YORK Giants in one of the biggest Superbowls ever. If Brady was spotted walking around da 'Burgh, I think someone might just call up Kimo Von Oelhoffen to go Tonya Harding on Brady's little ankle.

No comments: