Monday, March 16, 2009

Let The Madness Begin



The brackets have been released and it is truly time for the best playoffs in sports to begin. March Madness brings excitement, surprise and entertainment to an otherwise dull month of March.

Louisville, Pittsburgh, North Carolina and Connecticut all received the #1 seeds.

Here's a look at the bracket (Click to enlarge):



I'm gonna make some opening round picks here...

Here is my main bracket (Click it):




Now as the tourney progresses and my bracket is surely destroyed, I'll discuss the matchups. I will say that my Final Four seems a bit chalk, and I am tempted to change it to go all chalk. I don't know if Memphis is as good as the hype and I know UConn can play for real.

Another thing I don't like about my bracket is that my highest seed in the Sweet Sixteen is a 7 seed.
THERE WILL BE A DOUBLE-DIGIT SEED IN THE SWEET SIXTEEN.
My money is on Maryland, despite having to beat California and Memphis to do so.

In the end, I find it tough to pick against Pitt, so I pick them to win it all. Will this happen? Probably not. Pitt having to potentially play the top three teams in the ACC in a row is going to be a challenge, as well as having to play Tennessee or Oklahoma State. Even Xavier could give the Panthers problems.

If Pitt makes the Final Four, I think they will take on the Tar Heels of North Carolina. UNC seems to have the easiest path to the Final Four. I would have liked to have seen Pitt-UNC in the Championship though.

I think Pitt beats UNC straight up in that matchup because the only guy who can play as nearly physical as Tyler Hans is DeJuan Blair. Levance Fields is just as good as Ty Lawson in my opinion. When it comes to making the smart decision and hitting the big shot, give me the guy who got tasered. Sam Young is just a man and I feel is set to have a big time performance in the tournament.

The only thing that could really hinder the Panthers is the officiating. If it's called close, Blair and the Panthers could be in trouble. If we get to a PItt-UNC game, expect there to be blood. Someone might die down low.

More to come on the tourney... Right now though it's off to French class. Parlez-vous Go Pitt.

No comments: