Saturday, October 4, 2008

Big Day for the 'Burgh N'at (and more)

Coming off a stunning Thursday night win for the Pitt Panthers, Pittsburgh will celebrate its 250th Birthday tonight.

Congrats Pittsburgh.

Motion City Soundtrack and Saves the Day will be performing a concert in Oakland by the Cathedral today. ($10 for non-Pitt students, free for those idiots.) Starts at 1 with some local bands. I'm sure everyone will be too hungover to attend at 1.

Tonight, the City is shooting off a crap-load of fireworks. If you are going downtown, you will be able to see fireworks being launched from 17 different spots.

There is a bunch of other stuff going on too today, just check like KDKA.com or the PG's site for details.

BUT...

If you do one thing today, you will be back in heaven at 2:30 this afternoon.

(Nice pic, ESPN.com)

Pens...Sens. From Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeden.

FSN's got it. I think NHL.com might too or something.

But try to get down to the arena and watch it. Free parking and admission, what more could you ask for. I'll hopefully be there, pending my roomate waking up some time this week.

All in all things are looking good for today. Especially if the Pens get a win.
___

Here is the "and more":

I have somewhat of a weakness for High School Football. I love it. My high school didn't have a football team, so it sucked. So we would go other places and watch games with our friends from other schools.

Me, I had a couple friends who went to Gateway SHS. So I became interested somewhat in Gators football.

This year, Gateway is unreal. And by unreal, I mean wow.

Last night they won 42-0, with their RB going for 307 yards and 4 TD's on 19 carries. Geeze.

Get this:

The Gateway Gators are now 6-0, while outscoring their opponents 278 to 38 in those 6 games.

That's an average of 46.3 to 6.3 per game.

They are ranked in the top 10 in the country and should be favorites to win the PIAA Championship.
___

So I'm about to go and hopefully enjoy a great Pittsburgh day.

No comments: