Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A couple things.

While I am convinced that NO ONE is reading my blog... I will attempt to make this more mainstream... by including links to my site via Facebook, Xanga and Myspace. Advertisement is necessary.

Also, I would like to give a "shout-out" to the guys over at Pensblog. (A part of blogger). If you are a Penguins fan or a hockey fan in general it would be a great site to check out.(Link to their page on the right side of my page). They update at least once everyday. I hope somewhere down the road this blog turns into something 1% as good as what they have created. Kudos gentlemen. Now go give some Free Candy.

I also would like to tell people of a certain favorite Pens-related youtuber. Search "Yinz luv da 'guins" and you will be amazed. Jim Shearer and the gang did a great job throughout the playoffs with their videos. Also kudos.

And finally, I will be moving into a new apartment in Oakland (not California) in a matter of weeks with a friend of mine. With the Steelers season quickly approaching and the possibility of my friend having a video camera... I am considering using the inspiration I received from Mr. Shearer and Co and make a weekly video of the Steelers. It will be called "How Bout Dem Stillers n'at." Or something. This is a tentative idea. I have a Macbook so I could do the videos on iMovie and film through my built in camera... but you see too many turds doing that nowadays. So hopefully we can pull off something similar to YLDG.

Some recent news:

Don Imus is back at it. He was having an on-air discussion about Adam "Criminal" Jones of the Dallas Cowgirls. He basically ended up asking what "color" Jones is, and when told "African-American," he replied "Well there ya go!" Bad move Don. Especially after the whole Rutgers Fiasco that lost you multiple jobs. Just don't say things like that.

Apparently..... Imus says that he meant that the police are picking on Jones because he is black and that is what he meant by "Well there ya go!" Raise your hand if you buy that. My hand is down.

Olympics start soon. They have never really excited me. But I will spend my summer watching them anyways, no doubt.


On a side note:

One perk of a great job... I met Willie Parker briefly the other day. Really cool guy.


With all this said... it is time to get back to Pittsburgh sports.

Friday night I attended the Pirates/Blue Jays game. I almost fell asleep sitting in $9 nosebleed seats watching a 0-0 game go into the 12th inning. But it was okay because I was with some friends and it was fireworks night... plus dem Bucco's won in the 12th.





Tomorrow I will be attending the Pirates/Yankees game. I am very excited for this, as I have never seen the Yankees play in person. Hopefully the Pirates pull this one out too... (Pictures to come)

In closing... I will be giving a little preview for the Steelers upcoming season in the next couple weeks. It's promised to be my best work here yet.

2 comments:

penstone said...

your shoutout to thepensblog paid off man! they just gave you a shoutout in their newest post.. and for that, i'm now reading your blog, and i'm sure you'll get even more! congrats!

Anonymous said...

I'm here via pens blog