Sunday, July 13, 2008

Out of Town- Volume 2

It's 10:41 am.

I call this "How "bout that earliness n'at?"

Anywho....

Today I will continue my roundabout travels of the state of Pennsylvania by head North. To Williamsport, Pa.

Home of the:



Little League World Series.


**Sidetracked N-at**

Little League was a monumental time in my life. It brought me to the apex of my championship runs.

After my Little League teams season of going 0-14, changes had to be made.
So, new coach... new team name (Went from Angels to Giants)... new players. I still stayed on the team.

Year 2: 14-0. Champs. I move to the role of closing pitcher and strike out the side in the bottom of the 6th to win the 'chip.

That season, in my 2 starts at pitcher, I threw a no-hitter and a perfect game. (I have the game balls to prove it.)

Again... monumental.

After winning the Club championship, we formed a sort of "All-Star team." The best players from other teams joined our team.
We fought through regional playoff games and won them all.
We got one game away from playing the Eastern Pennsylvania Champions.
That game is when I became a man.. and tasted the worst of defeats.

Game went to 8 innings (2 more than a normal Little League game).
Bottom of the 8th... Other team at the plate. A chance to play the East and potentially go on to the LLWS as team Pennsylvania.

Then. The Hammer.

Homerun. Game over. Season over.

Tears.
Little League.

No comments: