Tuesday, July 1, 2008

NHL Free Agency- Penguins Edition (Day 1)

Okay. I am just going to talk about free agents who are directly linked to the Penguins. I might also mention any blockbuster deals that go down. We'll see.

How I'm spending Free Agency Day.



I'm going to the zoo. No joke.




Resign all of them.

Penguins sign Forward Pascal Dupuis to a 3 year, $1.4 million/per contract.
Ehhhhh.......

Penguins re-sign Defenseman Mark Eaton to a 2 year deal.
Had a rough year due to injuries... but is a solid player if healthy.

Penguins sign Forward Eric Godard to a 3 year deal.
1 goal, 1 assist last season... aka Goon. Aka Laraques replacement. 4th Line player.

Penguins are reportedly VERY close to resigning Center Evgeni Malkin to a 5 year deal at $8.7 million/year.
Same contract Sid got.
Okay. At least Geno is staying.

Still no word on Hossa or Orpik (Except that Orpik isn't going to Buffalo).


Just got back from seeing:



7/10. Decent flick.

Back to hockey. The seemingly latest news:



!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Return trip to da 'Burgh)

I think this only happens if Hossa leaves. But still. Crap.

Jagr's terms: 2 years, $56 million per.
Teams terms: Mullet.



Ps. For those of you wondering, the Zoo trip didn't work out. Upon arrival, I realized that there were at least as many people there as dollars Brooks Orpik is wanting for next season.

I'm pretty sure the large attendance was to see the Penguins, new and old.

It's too late to be writing for me I think.

Go to Pensblog for late-night coverage. They have been slaving all day. Kudos.
Many others have been doing great work (Faceoff Factor, etc.) You can find links to many other great bloggers throughout Pensblog.

I hope to wake up with good news.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alla hu akhbar!!!